Saturday, July 9, 2011

How many times can you say "Mommy" today?

Today I challenged Kaia to say "Mommy" 1000 times.  I'm pretty sure she met and exceeded that figure.  No, I am not a tiger mom attempting to give my child goals to achieve in preparation for the grueling future I have planned for her.  Instead, since she had already "mommied" me a few hundred times in the car that morning, I figured I'd find some positive spin.  Give the kid an achievable goal, right?

Jesus.  I swear to you she said "Mommy" a hundred times in 30 minutes.  "Mommy, look."  "Mommy, call Kaia."  "No, Mommy, no!"  "Mommy, what are you doing?"  "Mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy...."  The latest is that I am not allowed to speak to anyone else in the car.  She says, "Mommy, no calling Poppy.  Call Kaia."  "Mommy, no calling Daddy.  Mommy wants to call Kaia."  I don't know how she decided that speaking in the car was considered "calling," but that's her thing.  I'm not allowed to call anyone but her.  She wants me to look at everything she's doing (and everything she puts in her mouth, incidentally).  She just likes to hear herself say "Mommy."

I'm pretty sure she drained the ever-living-mommy out of me today.  Thank goodness for grandparents, baseball and beer.  Hopefully I can find my mommy pants tomorrow morning because I think there'll be some "Mommy" in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment