Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Unrelated mommy musings

I started this blog months ago and rarely use it.  I think I've written three and published one.  But today I feel like I need to get some things off my chest and what better way than a blog no one reads?  This way, it goes out there, but no one ever has to hear it.

So let's start with this...I love the zoo.  Today I saw a headline about a tiger jumping a 12 foot fence at the zoo.  Wouldn't you?  Who wants to be caged, gawked at and fed food they don't eat in the wild?  It's just not right.  You know what else isn't right?  Television, internet, video games...blogging.  What happened to the days when being outdoors was a joy and we didn't need some form of constant entertainment?

I wish I could go to Africa and see animals in the wild.  I'd eat what was available from the earth, I'd fear the wild because, well, it's wild and I would marvel at it and revel in it because it's beautiful and real instead of manufactured and marketed.

I'm sad today.

No comments:

Post a Comment